Senior (Over 7 Years) Wellness Profile
($367 value for $242 – 1/3 off)
Your senior pet (7 years and older) may seem to be happy and full of life, but the truth is that the gradual onset of disease in seemingly healthy pets often goes unnoticed. Once symptoms do appear, the condition may be difficult and costly to diagnose and treat. Surprisingly, 1 in 5 pets over the age of 7 years of age who appear healthy have a disease that can be detected only on lab work.
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
The CBC tests for anemia, infection, inflammation, and overall healthiness of the blood cells. It evaluates the number and types of cells in the body’s circulation. White Blood Cells (WBCs) help fight infection or inflammation. Red Blood Cells (RBCs) carry oxygen to tissue in the body.
The chemistry panel surveys many of the organ systems of the body to make sure they are working normally.
- Liver (AST, ALT, ASP, Total Bilirubin, GGT, Cholesterol, and Protein) – This group of tests helps evaluate liver health and function. Decreased liver function, inflammation, infection, and cancer of the liver and gallbladder may be detected by one or all of these tests.
- Kidney (BUN, Creatinine, Phosphorus, Calcium, and Albumin) – These tests monitor the function and health of the kidneys. They are most helpful and sensitive for detecting kidney disease when combined with a urinalysis (see below)
- Pancreas (Glucose, Amylase, and Lipase) – These tests are abnormal when there is something wrong with the pancreas or carbohydrate metabolism (examples are diabetes and pancreatitis)
- Electrolytes (Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Magnesium) – These are important in monitoring cellular function
Thyroid Function Tests
As the name implies, these tests are useful in diagnosing malfunctions of the thyroid gland. Hypothyroidism (too little thyroid hormone) is common in dogs, whereas hyperthyroidism (too much thyroid hormone) is common in older cats.
A urinalysis assesses the health and function of the urinary system. It tests for several chemical components (glucose, protein, blood, and more), as well as any cells (WBCs and RBCs), bacteria, and crystals that form urinary stones.
Senior Spa Day
- Comprehensive Physical Exam – Available for well pets only with no specific concerns or conditions to address
- Complimentary Senior Spa Day – Spa day can be redeemed on a separate day within one week post-laboratory work.
- Canines: Bath, Pedicure, and Brush Out
- Felines: Waterless Shampoo Bath, Pedicure, and Brush Out
Everything your pet needs under one roof.
Welcome to Durango Animal Hospital.
We are a veterinary hospital and luxury pet hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada providing compassionate, individualized care to dogs, cats, rabbits, and other small pets. If you need anything at all, please use the contact form below. You can also request an appointment online using our Petdesk app.
3615 S Durango Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89147
Monday - Friday: 6 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: 6 AM - 5 PM
Sunday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Pet Hotel Hours
Monday - Friday: 7 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 7 AM - 4 PM
Sunday: 9 AM - 4 PM
Send a message.
We'll get back to you as quickly as possible!